Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva Review

Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva ReviewI was at the Central Park concert in 1983. So I naturally gravitated toward Ifkovic's version of the events. He must have been in a different part of the lawn. I was on the fringe, and got out when things got messy. So I enjoyed what he had to say. For me, too, it was a memorable night. I didn't go back the second night either. I'm sorry I didn't.
This is not a biography in any traditional sense. Rather, it's labeled a commentary on music, specifically the musical career of ex-Supreme Diana Ross. Oddly, the lingering effect of reading the book, well after the last page is turned, is that of somehow coming to understand the life of this international superstar. What I mean is that, through the wide-ranging chapters--from actual history to analyses of music and fashion and even hairdos--the author captures the essence of the woman. I suppose that makes it the equivalent of a biography. Sort of. What I'm saying is that when I finished the book I felt I knew Diana Ross in ways I'd never considered before--and I've read the various biographies out there, from the scandalous to the benign. This book falls somewhere in the middle, truth to say.
The structure of the book--that is, three acts and an intermission--serves the book well. We meet the Supremes in Act One, then Diana solo in Act Two. The intermission deals with the world around her, like her relationships with Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, even Jackie Onassis, and the final Act takes us into her later years--her growing old, the aging fan base, a valedictory of a great career. Ironically, he ends on childhood--a look back at the child "Diane," that embryonic star before she was "Diana." It's a clever way to conceive of a book.
I have the feeling lots of fans will not like it. But they should read it.
The small, spitfire chapters propel the reader along, if only to see what he has to say about the very public career. I thought he was too harsh on Mary Wilson, but what do I know? His chapter on Berry Gordy, however, rang true.
Now I want to re-listen to my Diana CDs. I think I'll hear something I never heard before. Something even better than I expected!
Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva Overview

Want to learn more information about Diana's Dogs: Diana Ross and the Definition of a Diva?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment